This was was the largest Slater's directory ever published. The location in relation to the nearest railway station together with population statistics from the 1891 Census of Ireland as well as a brief geographical and topographical description was provided for all towns and villages. The Directory provides the names and addresses of the principal private residents, those engaged in commercial and agricultural activity, and location of religious, commercial and public institutions:
"Kilnamona, a parish in co. Clare, barony of Inchiquin, union of Ennis, 4 miles north west of Ennis station on the Waterford and Limerick railway, containing 24 townlands. Here are the two ruins of two castles and of a church; and there are five lakes. There is a Catholic church. The parish is noted for its butter and dairy produce. The area comprises 5, 418 acres; the population in 1791 was 763. Letters from Ennis arrive at 5.25 a.m.; dispatched at 7 p.m.the nearest money order and telegraph office is at Ennis".
Postmaster: Owen Hegarty
Schoolmaster: Michael Keating
Schoolmistress: Mrs. P. Keating
Clergy: McInerney, Rev. Patrick, P P, Kilnamona House
|John||Cahir||Carpenter and Builder|
|John||McMahon||Bricklayer and Stonecutter, Shallee Quarry House|